I spent about 4 days in Rahara doing training with a ministry called Operation Mobilization(OM). My AIM team has partnered with OM in what they call Impact Ireland. OM sent out five teams throughout Ireland. We left their base on Friday and are here till Sunday the 15th.
Now we are in Shannon and doing ministry. A typical day looks like this:
8:30am- wake up
9:00am- breakfast and team time
10:00am- devotion with members of the church
11ish am- hit the streets inviting people to church, youth meetings, and VBS
1ish pm- lunch
2:00pm- Back to the streets for more evangelizing and/or planning for events
5:00pm- dinner
7:00pm- youth meeting (hanging out and sharing testimonies with the local youth)
11-1ish- bedtime
It is a packed schedule but I am so thankful that I have been sleeping fairly well during the night so I'm not dead on my feet. The youth meetings have been great! God is moving here in Shannon and the teens are hungry. When people are sharing testimonies it's so neat to see some of the looks on their faces. It's like they are really identifying with the speaker. You can see the wheels turning in their minds. I love just sitting back and watching God stirring things within them.
Today was the first of a two day VBS. And I am loving it! I am in the craft room and it's so fun just to hang out with the kids and talk to them while doing a craft that pertains to the Bible story they learned. Some of these kids have never heard the Gospel before and to hear them answer questions about the story of David and Goliath is so amazing! I feel like I'm in my element with the wee ones.
As far as how you could be praying for my team and I, there are a few ways.
1. Working with the teens here can be draining, so if you could pray for renewed strength everyday.
2. I have come down with some laryngitis or something of that nature, I'm not letting it get me down but it is pretty annoying sounding like a man all the time. ;)
3. That our team would continue to work as one.
![]() |
| Here is the Impact Ireland team in Rahara |

Tay! I am so proud of you! God is using you in great ways!!!
ReplyDelete