So, it's Sunday morning and I only have a few hours left here in Shannon. So, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic about my 10 days here.
I feel as though I have grown while here. God has truly been stretching me! I feel that I have been able to be myself around the youth and my team, which is a big deal for me. When around unfamiliar people and even my besties sometimes, I get nervous and feel as though I can't be myself for fear of rejection, so if I don't act like myself and I get rejected they aren't really rejecting me. But, that is such a stupid way of thinking, I mean I really must be some kind of crazy! And I know God is helping me overcome that, so that totes rocks. Thanks God!
My time here has been busy, affirming, and fun. We have done so many different types of ministry; door to door, open air, teen drop-ins, VBS, and Sunday school. I've loved some of it, not been a huge fan of others, but God has been there in every situation. VBS was by far my favorite part! I felt like I was in my element while teaching the craft station. And I absolutely loved the singing and dancing with the wee ones! The teen drop-in nights were neat, it was cool to see the looks on some of the teens faces during a drama or during someone's testimony. They identified with what was going on and it stirred something inside of them and some got freaked out and left and others stayed to hang on every word that was being said. We didn't have people getting saved left and right, but I know that I know that I know that God made a difference in their lives. And at least some of them will enter His Kingdom some day, however close or far away that day may be. The Lord is faithful and His word does not return void.
It's a strange feeling getting to know people and investing in lives that you probably won't see again until Heaven. I'm not the best with goodbyes, but that is the beauty of The Church, goodbyes are never eternal. It's really sad leaving Shannon. I have loved getting to know all of the people from the church here. The pastor's family is incredible, his daughters are some of the sweetest and God loving girls I have ever met! And all of the other people in the church are just as lovely. They know how to live in true community, for sure!
So, here's to you Shannon Town! You have been a most gracious hostess, and you will hold a piece of my heart forever. Stay BRILLIANT!
No comments:
Post a Comment